Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church's Mother Day Out Program...
Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church Mother's Day Out is an extension of the church's whole ministry of caring for our community's children during the important formative years of development. Through a Christian atmosphere, and under the advisement of the Christian Education committee, the purpose of our program is to provide a happy, loving and stimulating environment in which children will develope and maintain a positive self-image.
We offer a curriculum using a variety of "hands-on" developmentally appropriate activities. We believe that children learn best "by doing". We teach prerequisite skills to academics through concrete learning experiences.
CHUM Mother's Day Out is a family-orientated program in a Christian enviroment. Here, each child will have the opprotunity to learn how to:
1. Feel comfortable about being away from home.
2. Accept help and direction from adults.
3. Live in harmony with other children.
4. Value one's own rights and the rights of others.
5. Develope self-idenity.
6. Develope language, listening skills, the ability to follow directions and learn to speak in songs, poems and rhymes.
7. Strengthen physical skills by using large and small muscles.
8. Grow in ability to express inner feelings through music, movement, drama and art.
9. Be curious. To wonder, to seek answers to questions about themselves and their lives and discover the world around them through the secret of science.
To EXCITE, IGNITE and ENCOURAGE each individual child's curiosity for learning so that each student is excited to come to school and loves learning!
To learn more about our Mother's Day Out Program, location and contact information, please explore the links above.
Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these."